The project demonstrates the concept of orchestrated processing of printed end products as the combination of human driven activities and unmanned autonomous tasks. It combines in a printing facility various agents: diverse combination of printers, finishers, human operators, logistical agents, robots, etc. to optimize the process according to different axes : reduction of the overall production time, - reduction of the production cost, - management of anomalies - decrease painful tasks for the operators - increase flexibility in the agents usage
It consists of an integrated system of:
- high-end production printers and associated controller software which role areto produce the different parts of the books
- an Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) and a dedicated grasping mechanism forpaper manipulation to load and unload the printers feeders and totransport the printed parts.
- an orchestration service that ensures task scheduling andsynchronization between the agents: the robot, the printer and theoperator.
- a business process modeling and automated process execution software,including dynamic agent allocation and exception handling mechanisms
- a detailed dashboard for real-time production status